Tuesday, August 01, 2006

To God

To God I pray give me some peace
and help me get out of this painful abyss.

To God I pray give me some rest
I'm too tired to stand in your test.

To God I pray give me some light
and take me out of this tortuous plight.

To God I pray put a leash on my agitation
and show me the way to salvation.

To God I pray make me strong
and keep me from doing any wrong.

To God I pray cast me a ray of hope
I'm burning inside walking along this blazing rope.

To God I pray shape my life aright
and get me rid of these sleepless nights.

To God I pray take me to the land of oblivion
and help me forget all the hurtful affliction.

To God I pray drench me with a happy rain
let some flowers blossom in my life
so that I stop going insane
suffering the life's frightful strife.

...................Ashmita

No comments: