Thursday, August 03, 2006

Diary/3.8.06

It was so hard for me today to keep my eyes open and take the class.I was dozing throughout the day.......these kids in school are so lucky to be going through the wonderful age of their lives.They are so full of life and hope,unaware of the intricacy and tragedy of life.They just remind me of my school days when I used to be like one of them answering to teacher's questions and obeying her words.When I didnt know what the future would unfold for me.Those were the days when I wanted to grow up soon.I felt that grown ups were so happy.They didnt need to do homeworks,they didnt need to study following a regular schedule,they didnt need to bear with the breathtaking hours of exams,they were not subjected to elders' scolding and punishment.They could do whatever they wanted.But alas! had I known then that childhood is the best part of one's life and that grown-ups have problems much more complicated and painstaking than the pain of facing exams or doing studies.That the punishment suffered in schools was better than the sufferings suffered when grown-up.
Nevertheless,all children are not so lucky to be unaware of the pain of life.There are many who have been exposed to pain.My favourite student is Amrita Paul.She studies in class seven now.When I joined school,she was in class six then.She was fat then.But oflate,she has swollen up.She has leukemia and at this age of 12 she has gone through 9 sessions of chemotherapy.Still she maintains to be a good and sincere student.Then there is one Debosree who has lost both of her parents and is being raised in her uncle's house.Then there is one (since I dont take her class I dont know her name) who has thalasemia.One girl has lost her mother when she was in six.Her mother collapsed in sudden stroke infront of her and her little sister aged 5 and both of them couldnot do anything except seeing their mother die.These are the few unfortunate children fighting the untimely predicament of their lives.They give me strength.

No comments: