Friday, August 04, 2006

Silent words

Standing infront of my lonely window
Looking out at the firmament
The serenity and the beauty of the vast blue
Touches my soul with a melancholic hue

The whispering of the cool breeze
The rustling of the windy leaves
The silence of the moony night
Remind me of your being near,very near
Standing under the same sky somewhere
Breathing in the same air.

The distance is narrow,the widge being huge
The damaged kinship of ours
Lost its refuge.
Unheard sobs,unanswered prayers
Every sigh of mine went below the layers.

The longing to touch you for once grows high
when knowing you are there so nigh
Craving to hear you cramps my heart
I know,I know these vain desires of mine
are tearing me apart.

Gone away you into the shadows of past
Nothing could bring you alive from that smoky dust.

...................Ashmita






No comments: