Monday, August 07, 2006

Diary/7.8.06

It was a f'ship day yesterday and today one by one students came to tie f'ship bands on my wrist.Got a dozen of colourful f'ship bands.Last year too I got a dozen of them.It seems nice getting such small things from students as a token of their love.

Daily I travel in SD4 while going to school.Wherefrom I board on the bus,the bus remains empty then so I manage to get a seat but on its way it gets fully crowded with passangers.Daily a particular man I see boarding on the same bus and I find this rogue always standing behind some young gals and disturbing them.I give him sharp look and that man gets cautious but never refrains from his misdeed.At times I feel like raising my voice and protest but I dont involve myself cause those girl who are being disturbed should make a move and protest first.But I never saw any of them so far tonguelashing that rogue.They just bear with the harrassment silently or sometimes giving him a look show their discomfort.

This is where we women go wrong.We just silently bear with these things feeling scared to protest lest the rogues involved try to harm us later.Very recently when coming back from school I got into S31 and got a seat by the window in the portion reserved for ladies.It was afternoon and the bus was more or less empty.A man from nowhere came and sat beside me inspite of having so many general seats empty.I got alert.Being a woman myself I am used to such harrassments a woman has to face in a crowded conveyance and I can feel from the sight or gesture of any man who can be a pervert so I got alert before that man tried to make any advance towards me.I told that man that this is a ladies seat and that he should shift somewhere else.But he kept on sitting there wearing a typical innocent look.Then after sometime asusual he tried to touch me and I caught his hand and twisted it.Then I shouted at him telling him to shift somewhere else but that man still wore an innocent indifferent look as if nothing has happened.Finally when I persisted and made him feel that I would call the
conductor and cause him trouble,he fled......So I feel that we should protest because our silence only encourages these thugs.When the things remain within the limit of being ignored,ignore it like I dont care or pay heed to the comments or remarks made at me by some louts or eveteasers on road but when it comes to physical harrassment,I dont think one should bear with it silently.

No comments: