Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Exam

Exam days are stressful and full of tension
Study being the only thing in mention.
Life becomes a living hell
poring over books day and night .
No play,no fun makes me feel
as if I'm cooped up in a jail ,
Wish I could get a reprieve
from this strenuous plight.

The pindrop silence of exam halls
sends a chill down my spine ,
The frightful ambience mixed with the pressure
of scoring high makes me go frayed and pine .
So unnerving is the peer-competition
my heart throbs in anxiety and palpitation.

'Lakshay' is released the preceding day
Buried beneath the heap of books
my desire of seeing it is a far-off
dream now to come into play .
I'm counting days for the exam to be over
when,free from tension and fright
I'll be back to being happy and gay forever.

.................Ashmita

[I wrote this one during my MA part 2 exam]

No comments: