Friday, August 18, 2006

In Memory


Not a single day goes by
with your thoughts not crossing my mind ;
forcing me back into the memory lane
I have been trying to leave behind .
Not a single day goes by
when my eyes are not wet
recalling the hours we spent
in each other's presence ,
never thought those precious hours
would one day seem so haunting
in your absence.

With my hands in yours you feel 'blessed '
Wasn't that once what you said?
Never did I realise when those
became shackles,suffocating and rotten ,
making you hard to breathe and choke
Never did I realise I would turn into
a past tense for you to be left forgotten .

We promised once never to leave each other
I held firm in mine,only you forgetting yours
left me in a dungeon of despair .
I never dreamt you would be so
desperate to break free of me
that you would be blind to my tears
turning a deaf ear to my plea.

Sometimes I see you smiling in my dreams
and see myself losing in faint gleams .
I stretch my hands trying to reach you
But you disappear leaving me again in blue
A drop of tear rolling down my cheek
asks why my world seems so bleak?
Wish I could tell how it feels to live on
with your life from you forever gone .

..................Ashmita

No comments: