Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Diary/9.8.06

Today was a day meant for brother and sister but my brother being away from me in Mumbai,I celebrated the day with my students.I received rakhis from them.Ours being a girls' school,students celebrate this occasion with teachers.There is a girl in class v.Her name is Paromita.She being very naughty and talkative always receives scoldings from me.I was taken aback when she came to me today wearing a coy expression and tied a rakhi on my hand.Then came Amrita into the staffroom.She had her pocket full of rakhis she has made herself.She tied one heartshaped on my wrist.I love teaching junior classes.They are so innocent and puerile.I love when they altercate between themselves and come to me complaining about each other.Then they become friends again keeping no grudge and giggle at things which appear meaningless to the eyes of grown ups like us.They laugh even when they get punishment or sometimes their eyes get wet in tears even at the slightest rebuke.

While going to school today,the bus I was in,in an attempt to overtake another bus ahead of it gave such a huge shocking jarking that I fell off from my seat and got hurt on my leg.These reckless drivers forget while driving on roads that they are playing with human lives in their racing spree.Wish they would have had little common sense.Then many fatal road accidents could have been averted.
I'm feeling fine finally after a 7 days dose of tranquilizers.But today in school talking to a colleague cum friend did really help.It made me realise about a truth of life that these days people are extremely selfish to care about others' feelings and some people's actions are always motivated by their own selfish gains.They just dont care what others are to go through for their whims and fancies and I'm not the one to have suffered due to such people.

No comments: