Friday, July 22, 2011

Zindegi Na Milegi Dobara

Yesterday I watched Zindegi Na Milegi Dobara with my hubby at night show. It was a full-bodied entertaining movie. Shot in the beautiful locations of in and around Spain, the scenery captured in the film was overwhelming. The movie brought back some fond memories of my college days when we were younger and vivacious and full of spirits. The way the three "musketeers" played by Hrithick, Abhay Deol and Farhan Akhtar were applying their old tried and tested tricks to scare the spook out of rank strangers reminded me of some of my own antics. During the days of masters in CU, I recall there was a professor who despite being highly qualified and university topper was ludicrously boring when it came to giving a lecture and so most of the students preferred sitting at the back of the class close to the back door so that once the roll calling was over, they could steal out of the classroom. Many a time, me with my friends tiptoed out of the classroom like that. Now all grown up, the thought of doing this kind of thing to anyone seems very improper but at that time, it was pure fun bunking class like that.



The movie is based on a road trip undertaken by the trio to celebrate Abhay Deol's bachelour party. They got together after a space of few years and went to three locations of their individual choice within Spain and each one surprised the others with their own favourite sport they long dreamt of trying like skydiving, deep sea diving and bull race and how each time conquering their fears, they finished the stunt feeling an overwhelming sense of triumph. The movie highlights some basic truths of life that we, being caught in the complexity of our daily routine, tend to forget. Life is small and our days are numbered and instead of letting ourselves become completely absorbed in the drudgery and goals of life, we should sometimes take some time out to live the moments as we never know when the life is going to get cut short and the people, we ignore in the pursuit of our goals, might not be there all the time or we, for example, might not live through our plans. It, to some extent, made me realize how stupidly boring I myself have become over the years and how living an adult life, I have lost my vivaciousness and smiles.

No comments: